Located in Sydney Australia, Brooklyn Underwriting Pty Ltd (Brooklyn) is a specialist underwriting agency that has been operating in the Australian wholesale
insurance market for over two decades. Brooklyn currently has a dedicated staff of 24 and is part of the global re/insurer XL Catlin, under the direction
of Director David Porteous.
Brooklyn’s insurance products are customised market specific solutions that are supported by a specialist underwriting team with recognised experience
in SME Financial Lines, General Liability and Property.
Brooklyn’s current product suite includes:
- IT&T combined Professional Indemnity & Public Liability
- Resource Professionals combined Professional Indemnity & Public Liability
- Design & Construction Professional Liability
- Miscellaneous Professional Indemnity & Combined Public Liability
- Registered Trainers, Professional Indemnity & Public Liability
- Management Liability
- General Liability
- Industrial Special Risks – Expanded Polystyrene ‘EPS’ Facility
- Cyber Data Protect
- Accident and Health
- Tropical Strata
- Complex Risk Liability
- High Risk Property
In 2012, 2013, 2014 and again in 2015 Brooklyn was named Underwriting Agency of the Year in the Australian & New Zealand Institute of Insurance &
Finance Industry Awards.
We are a proud member of the Underwriting Agencies Council (UAC).
Brooklyn trades as an authorised representative of Catlin Australia Pty Limited, AFSL 301617 and is tribunalised at Lloyd’s.